Thursday, January 31, 2013

Recent art projects and math test prep

For those of you who have been following me for a while, you know that I teach in a co-teaching 3rd grade.  My co-teacher is extremely artistic.  She is always coming up with projects that I originally think will be way over their heads, BUT they always do an awesome job!!

This week my co-teacher taught about hot and cold colors using the sun and moon.  We discussed and made a chart for warm colors: red, orange, yellow and cool colors: blue, green, purple.  We modeled a sketch on the whiteboard and had the student follow along.  After sketching, the students blended their pastels. 

I am really impressed with how it came out.



 
 
I have a few new products in my store, just in time for test prep season.  I have been pushing for my students to use more math vocabulary in their extended responses.  I created some math journals for 3rd and 4th grade.
 
 


 
TPT is having ANOTHER SALE!!!!  I am so excited for this because I have plenty of products waiting to be bought on my wishlist!!!!!!!   I will be having 20% my store on Sunday, February 3rd.  TPT will add an additional 10% off when you add the word SUPER at checkout.
 
 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome art project! I love it! :) Thanks for sharing those pictures. Perfect way to show warm and cool colors! I'm a new follower!

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the art project! I just found your blog and I'm now following you! I would love for you to visit my blog when you get a chance!
    Patti :)
    A Series of 3rd Grade Events

    ReplyDelete