Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A look at our recent art projects

I have a VERY artsy co-teacher who loves coming up with cute and educational ideas.  I thought I would show you some pictures from our last 2 projects.

We learned about Paul Cezanne and how he uses "patches" of paint to create his still lifes.  Using the smartboard, we viewed paintings by Cezanne and learned about his life as a painter.  The students then used pastels to "paint" their still lifes based on a bowl of fruit.  This opened up a great discussion on views and angles.



 
 
Next, we learned about scarecrows.  We viewed exampled of different scarecrows and what they are used for.  We then wrote haikus about scarecrows to attach to our craft.  We used brown lunch bags, stuffed them with newspaper and added our own hair, cheeks, eyes, nose, mouth and hair. 
 

 
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love that you incorporate art and artists into your curriculum. And your scarecrows are adorable.

    I'm nominating you for the Liebster Award for new blogs. Here is the post for the info: Liebster Award

    Sarah
    Using My Teacher Voice

    ReplyDelete