Saturday, September 29, 2012

YAY!!!! For the weekend!

This week my students have started getting into the classroom routine. We just finished a place value test in math. They did rather well! =)  I cannot believe that I have already given my first test of the year!  This is going fast!
Every monday has become Math Problem Monday.  We started doing math word problems with extended responses in preparation for the New York State math test in 3rdgrade. Since, everything is being aligned to the common core, things are changing! I am noticing that students are beginning to master topics but are having a difficult time expressing their thoughts with math writing. I am going to have to keep having the students work in their math journals. Check out my 3rd grade extended response journals here. 2nd and 4th also available.
 
Coming Soon:
We did a poll in my classroom about things we like to write about and an overwhelming response was DOGS! That got me thinking about all the cool things I can do with dogs and make my class motivated. I started writing a DOG unit and it will be posted soon! Unit will include all major content areas.   
Have a wonderful weekend =)
Kristin
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment